This year’s face-to-face meeting will take place in Boston on June 27th, 3-5 pm Eastern US Time. The meeting is together with SAE A21 at VOLPE, which is occurring at the same week as Acoustics ’17, or the 173rd Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America and the 8th Forum Acusticum.
This year our face-to-face meeting will take place at Internoise on Monday the 22nd from 18:00 to 20:00.
The 22nd AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference takes place 30 May – 1 June 2016 in Lyon, France. Stephen Rizzi will chair the session ‘Community and Interior Noise’. There will be 4 talks from VASTCON members:
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
AIAA-2016-2906. Auralization of NASA N+2 Aircraft Concepts from System Noise Predictions
Stephen A. Rizzi; Casey L. Burley; Russell H. Thomas
- 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM
AIAA-2016-2907. A Psychoacoustic Evaluation of Noise Signatures from Advanced Civil Transport Aircraft
Stephen A. Rizzi; Andrew Christian
- 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM
AIAA-2016-2908. Sound synthesis and 3D sound rendering of aircraft flyovers with controllable parameters
Antoine Minard; Sylvain Hourcade; Christophe Lambourg; Patrick Boussard
- 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM
AIAA-2016-2909. Quantifying the audible differences in measured and auralized aircraft sounds
Abhishek K. Sahai; Dick G. Simons
From June 1st to 3rd Euronoise 2015 takes place in Maastricht, The Netherlands. Reto Pieren and Frederik Rietdijk of Empa will each present a paper in the ‘Auralization of urban sound‘ session on respectively accelerating cars and aircraft emission synthesis. Michael Vorländer of RWTH Aachen will also present a paper in this session.
Steven Rizzi and Patricia Davies chaired the session Virtual Acoustic Simulation at the 168th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America in Indianapolis. Some of the topics that were discussed included the NASA Auralization Framework, excess ground attenuation when simulating noise sources at low elevation angles and annoyance ratings of rotorcraft noise. Further details about the papers that were presented can be found in the program.
Steven Rizzi featured in Article in Aviation Week in September 22, 2014 issue.
The VASTCON – Virtual Acoustic Simulation Technology for Community Noise was formed on October 23 of 2012: From Left to Right: Bill Chapin, Theo van Veen, Stephen Rizzi, Abhishek Sahai, Michael Arntzen, Eike Stumpf, Karl Janssens, Michael Bauer and Frank Wefers. VASTCON Linkedin Page Conventions/Conferences: Community noise related papers and discussions
- Inter Noise 2014 November, 2014, Melborne, Australia
- ASA 168th Meeting 27-31 October, 2014, Indianapolis, Indiana
- ITSEC December 3-6, 2013, Orlando, Florida
- Noise-Con 2013 26-28 August, 2013, Denver, Colorado
TWG Meetings: Official meetings of the VASTCON Technical Working Group
- Teleconference – 19 February 2015
- Annual Meeting – 9-12 August 2015, InterNoise, San Francisco, CA
- Teleconference – 18 December 2014
- Annual Meeting – 30 October 2014, Indianapolis, IN
- Teleconference – 19 August 2014
- Teleconference – 11 June 2014
- Teleconference – 22 April 2014
- Teleconference – 18 February 2014
- Teleconference – 17 December 2013
- Teleconference – 29 October 2013
- Annual Meeting – 13 August 2013, Denver, CO
- Teleconference – 19 June 2013
- Teleconference – 24 April 2013
- Teleconference – 13 February 2013
- Teleconference – 12 December 2012
- First TWG Meeting – 23 October 2012, Aachen Germany